To provide thorough theory and practical training in the operation of the MEWP Boom Lift/Cherry Picker, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the relevant NPORS assessments.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operator’s handbook, and relevant regulation/legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Check emergency lowering functions
- Configure and set for site travel
- Travel over level surfaces (all types) and uneven terrain (self-propelled)
- Explain travel procedures and precautions on inclines
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Configure and set for accessing duties
- Position the platform to access a work position
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Access working points up to full operating height and reach
- Travel with a raised platform (relevant endorsement)
- Carry out plant shut down and securing procedures
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake NPORS MEWP training, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don’t adopt a ‘one size fits all’ approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that’s specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Cannock, Staffordshire
- Birmingham, Midlands
- Doncaster, South Yorkshire
- Reading, Berkshire
- Falmouth, Cornwall
CITB Grant available?
Yes – please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.